How to present using Powerpoint
I present the main ideas from this podcast on Powerpoint presentations!
Preparation of a presentation:
- what do I want the audience to do? (‘I want them to approve X’)
- what story do I have to tell them to make them do this? (get them in the right emotional state)
- what kind of data do I need for this story?
- you want focus on yourself; not on the slides of the presentation
- you should tell a story (not present just data)
- slide should add to what you are telling
- no more than three thoughts per presentation
How many slides:
- 1-3 slides per 10 minutes of presentation
- it could be just 1 slide per 10 minutes
- less slides is better