www.manager-tools.com recommends this book! – I have read it, and I think it is very useful.
You will better understand all compliance techniques used by people trying to persuade you in doing something.
Here are the compliance rules – with statements that characterize them!
- Reciprocation – “Pay every debt, as if God wrote the bill.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Commitment and Consistency – “It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end.” – Leonardo da Vinci.
- Social proof – “When all think alike, no one thinks very much” – Walter Lippman
- Liking – “The main work of a trial attourney is to make a jury like his client” – Clarence Darrow.
- Authority – “Follow an expert” – Virgil.
- Scarcity – “The way to love anything is to realize it might be lost” – GK Chesterton.
For more information: a great review at Amazon.
Other books on this blog
Free mp3 with interview with Robert Cialdini (free subscription to site required)
Enjoyed this post? Get more like it by subscribing to this blog: press the ‘subscribe now’ button below: